Lilliano, Castellina in Chianti (Siena)
The first records of Borgo di Lilliano date back to the Middle Ages. At that time it was a fortified complex comprising the Church of Santa Cristina. Now, while retaining the medieval formation which can be seen in the topography, the cellars and enclosure walls, the winery has a series of styles to assume its current eighteenth century appearance. The bottling and sale of wines was begun in 1958 by princess Eleonora Ruspoli Berlingieri, whose family bought the estate in 1920. Giulio and Pietro Ruspoli are the current owners.